Summer Roster 2014/15
We have done another random draw which is here:
If you have received an email regarding the roster could you please contact Adam ASAP to either:
- Confirm your availability
- Arrange a date swap
- Advise you will be unable to complete your rostered duty due to other committments (work, school sport,travel etc)
- Let us know we've made a booboo and you've already helped out during the year - we'll take you off the list (and thanks!)
Racing at Lakeside Park -Special Licence Required
Getting Started Guide
Joining a Club and getting a Licence
Getting started in competitive cycling is easy. To race you need to be a member of a Queensland cycling club and also have a Cycling Australia race licence. You can join a club and obtain a licence online through through the Cycling Australia Membership HQ or click the button below or alternatively contact our club secretary directly who can help you complete and application form and accept your affiliation fee.
Updated Grading Lists - What Grade do I race in?
In 2014 we are making a serious effort to ensure everyone is racing in the appropriate grade, both in the interest of safety and fairness of competition. Many complaints have been received regarding riders being out of their depths and causing accidents. We have introduced a computer swipe card system for registration which automatically enters riders into their correct grade.
Twilight Criterium Series 2014/2015
Our gradings are different to regular club races for a number of reasons:
- Limited light means we don't have time for C2,D & E grade races. So to allow our ladies and older male riders to have a chance to be competitive, the C grade race is restricted riders over 50 years of age, plus some U17 riders by special request only.
- B1 grade is for Masters A riders & Elite B riders who may not be competitive in a very strong A grade field. Stronger Masters A & Elite B riders may request to ride A grade but most do so before the race.
- Juniors - we are making a special effort to run 3 graded Junior races, with trophies and prizes for overall series winners, so all U15 and younger juniors must ride in the Junior Categories, not the senior races. U17 riders may ride in C grade by request or B2 if they are already graded C1 or higher at club level.
- Fields are capped at 60 riders per grade for safety reasons. Grading has been done to try and balance rider numbers.
Note the times for Round 3 10 Dec 2014 are slightly different to permit two Women's Only races for C&D grade. Other races will be shortened by 5 mins to permit this.
Results and Points
Results and photos from Round 2 Mitsubishi Electric Twilight Series 2014-15 Round 1 Results 26 Nov